Abigale Hansen is this week's Athlete of the Week! Closing out 2018, she's ready for the 2019 season. We caught up with her for a quick chat, hear what she had to say below!
1. How’s 2018 closing out for you?
It's been hectic but super fun! I've
competed in the Grand Prix at Copper Mountain, Dew Tour and the World Cup in
China over the last 2 weeks. I am extremely excited to head home and just ski
for the holidays.
2. What do you have planned for the rest of the
The rest of the year I plan to spend
training, having fun skiing and enjoying the holidays with family!
3. Favorite holiday food?
Favorite holiday food of course has to be ham and holiday cookies!
4. Favorite holiday/winter activity?
Skiing of course.
5. What are you most excited about next year?
I'm really excited to have time to just ski and for a bit before the next contests. And I'm excited about whatever travel the new year brings!
6. Do you have any contest rituals or
Usually, I have to wear the same leggings
and under layers I had on for my best day of training for that contest. Also, I
always do a double pole tap before each run in the halfpipe as a kind of good
7. If you could ski with anyone in the world, who
would you want to ski with and where?
Sarah Burke on a good pow day anywhere in the world.
8. What do you think your favorite place you’ve
traveled has been to?
I absolutely love Switzerland and Italy!
9. Any last thanks you or shout outs?
Thanks to all the friends and family who have
supported me through everything and of course Monster Army and my other sponsors
for helping me do what I do!